Soya Chunks Biryani | Meal Maker Biryani Recipe – Recipe for simple soya chunks biryani made in the pressure cooker. This biryani is made with coconut milk , onion and garlic paste. This recipe for Soya Chunks Biryani does not use curd.
Soya Chunks Biryani | Meal Maker Biryani Recipe – Recipe for simple soya chunks biryani made in the pressure cooker. This biryani is made with coconut milk, soya chunk and some indian Masala.
INGREDIENTS for Soya Biriyani:-
PREP WORK 1 FOR SOYA CHUNKS BIRYANI – PREPPING SOYA CHUNKS
- 1.5 cups soya chunks
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- One teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon plain vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
PREP WORK 2 FOR SOYA CHUNKS BIRYANI – BASMATI RICE
- 1.5 cups Basmati Rice
PREP WORK 3 FOR SOYA CHUNKS BIRYANI – MASALA PASTE
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 10 small onions, Indian shallots
- 4 green chillies
- 2 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1/4 cup water to grind
OTHER INGREDIENTS FOR SOYA CHUNKS BIRYANI
- 1.5 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon kalpasi (Indian food grade lichen)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 inch piece cinnamon
- 1 piece star anise
- 1/4 cup cashewnut
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 5 whole green chillies.
INSTRUCTIONS for making soya Biriyani:-
HERE IS HOW TO MAKE SOYA CHUNKS BIRYANI / MEAL MAKER BIRYANI
- Take a bowl and add in the soya chunks. Add in hot water and let it soak in the hot water for about 20 minutes. I like to use the small variety of soya chunks for this recipe. After the time, squeeze the excess water from the soya chunks and set aside on a bowl. To the chunks, add in the turmeric, salt, vinegar and the coconut milk. Mix well to combine. Marinate the soya chunks for atleast twenty minutes.
- Take a small mixie and add in the garlic, ginger, small onions, green chillies, cloves and cardamom. Add in a little water (about quarter cup) and grind to a fine paste. Set aside.
- Wash the basmati rice in running water and soak it in water just before starting to cook.
- Heat coconut oil in a pressure pan. I have used a 5 liter pressure pan. Add in the ghee. If you want to make this recipe as vegan, omit the ghee. Add in the spices.
Hi friend, hope you enjoyed my recipe, please subscripe my channel.
Thanks for visiting my channel.