Keema is a South Asian meat dish that literally means minced meat in Turkish. Keema can be made with any meat but usually Keema is associated with mutton mince.
Vegetarians Keemas usually involve peas or cauliflower. Most Keemas are minced meats that are mixed with aromatic spices that are either eaten by itself or added to rice or stuffed in breads.
Keema Biryani, the name itself makes all the non vegetarians crave for this biryani. Minced chicken combined with the aromatic rice is all you want for a good weekend dinner with your friends and family.
Pair this delicious Keema Biryani with your choice of raita and impress your family. You can also make this for your house parties as a part of your meal or can take it for your potluck parties.
Easy recipe for Chicken Keema Biryani made with minced chicken and seeraga samba rice. Recipe with step by step pictures and Video. Tamil Style Recipe.
Wash and soak the seeraga samba rice in water. If you cannot get hold of the rice, you can substitute basmati rice for the recipe.
INGREDIENTS for chicken keema Biriyani:-
FOR THE BIRYANI MASALA
- 1 tablespoon kalpasi (stone flower)
- 1/2 of a star anise
- 1/2 inch cinnamon
- a small piece mace
- 3 cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 10 green chillies
- 15 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch piece ginger
- 1/2 cup water to grind the masala
- 2 cups seeraga samba rice
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- one fourth cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 500 grams chicken keema
- 4 cups water
- juice of half a lemon
INSTRUCTIONS for making Chicken keema Biriyani:-
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned under biryani masala to a fine paste in a mixie. Add water while grinding and grind to a very fine paste.
- Wash and soak the seeraga samba rice in water.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in bay leaves. Add in the sliced onions and saute till the onions are soft and starting to brown.
- Add in the masala paste and the salt. Fry till the masala paste is dry and streaks of oil start to appear.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes are cooked and juiced down.
- Mix in the plain yogurt and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves. Saute briefly for a minute.
- Now add in the minced chicken and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the water and let the mixture come to a boil. Once the mixture comes to a boil, add in the soaked and drained rice. Mix well.
- Add in the lemon juice.
Hi friend, hope you enjoyed my recipe, please subscripe my channel.
Thanks for visiting my channel.