Mughlai Biryani is a recipe for Non-Veg Lovers & is known for its richness & wonderful aroma highlighted in the use of exotic Spices It tastes simply delicious & spicy with full of irresistible flavors .
One of the finest delicacies of India, the Mughlai Biryani originated in the kitchens of the Nawabs. Mughlai chicken cooked with curd, tender chicken pieces, almond paste, ghee, fiery green chillies and dry fruits. It is very rich in taste and is a dish fit for royalty.
Ingredients for Mughlai chicken Biryani:-
- Chicken -700 grams
- Basmati Rice -2 cup
- Onions(thinly sliced) -4 nos
- Bay Leaf – 4pcs
- Cardamoms Brown – 4 nos
- Cardamoms green – 3-4
- Cinnamon -1/2 inch piece
- Cloves -3-4 nos
- Cumin Seeds -2 teaspoon
- Nutmeg -a large pinch
- Mace -a large pinch
- Pepper corns – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
- Green chillies – 5 nos
- Ginger -20 grams
- Garlic – 16 flakes
- Coriander Leaves -2 teaspoon
- Tomato (chopped) – 2 nos
- Salt – to taste
- Saffron (dissolved in 1 tablespoon milk) -1 teaspoon
- Curd (beaten) -1 cup
- Vanaspati /ghee -1/2 cup
Methods for making Mughlai chicken Biryani:
For Marinade: Chicken
1. Grind together ginger , garlic , nutmeg , mace , cumin seeds , cardamoms brown , cardamoms green , cinnamon , pepper corns , cloves ,tomato into a paste.
2. Rub ground paste into chicken , add turmeric powder , salt , curd , mix well and keep aside for 1 hours.
3. In a large frying pan , heat oil for about 5 minutes , divide onions into 2 batches , fry each batch with 3/4 teaspoon salt till onions are golden brown and crisp , remove onions on a strainer to drain off excess oil , crumble the fried onions and mix with marinated chicken.
4. In a pan heat oil for about 5 minutes , add marinated chicken , coriander powder , chilli powder and 1 cup water .
5. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat .
- Wash the rice and soak in water for 15 minutes.Cook separately by adding 3 cups of water for 2 cup of rice, along with some cardamom brown and green , Cumin seeds , cloves , bay leaf , salt , and cinnamon stick(2 each).
- Cook the rice until it breaks while pressing in hands(3/4th). After cooked remove the rice and spread it out on a thali or a big pan.
- Put 2 tablespoons of ghee in an oven proof dish. Place a layer of cooked rice followed by a layer of chicken. Place a layer of fried onions, Repeat a layers of cooked rice and then a layer of chicken and finish with a layer of rice. Sprinkle some ghee, saffron , fried onions and mints and on last layer of rice.
- Place in an oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the top gets brown. In case of stove you can keep in low flame and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Now Chicken Biryani is ready and serve hot with yogurt.