Kulfi is an Indian dessert similar to an ice-cream but creamier and thicker. It is served in many flavors and variants but favorite one is Matka Kulfi. This thickened milk dessert served in an Earthen pot is delicious and makes you fall in love with it.
Matka kulfi recipe – Kulfi icecream set in earthen clay pots called as matka kulfi or pot kulfi.I have tried different kulfi recipes and this summer wanted to try this matka kulfi. You can use any base kulfi recipe and use it for this.
I haven’t used khoya , for this recipe just thickened milk with nuts mixture and it came out so good.If you want it more rich you can add 1/4 cup unsweetened khoya.
Ingredients for Matka kulfi :-
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 1/4 cup sugar (heaped)
- 10 nos almonds
- 10 nos pista
- 1/2 no cardamom
- a pinch of saffron
Instructions for Matka kulfi :-
- Grind together sugar,almonds,pistachios,saffron and cardamom together to a slightly coarse mixture,Set aside.Boil milk in a pan.
- Simmer for 15 mins till milk reduces.Stir in between to avoid burning at the bottom.Now add nuts sugar mixture.
- Scrap the sides and keep cooking till the mixture is thick and creamy like shown below.Keep cooking. till it coats the laddle.Cool down completely.
- Rinse the clay pots then pour it in the pots.Freeze it overnight or atleast for 6-8 hour.
- You may also like these Home madeSnacks recipe:- Samosa recipe , Mushroom Momos , Kerala Banana chips , Dalgona coffee , Pani puri recipe.