wheat dosa recipe only contains wheat flour that’s diluted in water and then tempered with some spices and curry leaves.
The spices add a great bite and flavour to the wheat dosa which already has a lovely aroma due to the wheat flour used.
Main ingredient is wheat flour and very simple recipe , once you arranged all other ingredients as you like, for frying it takes hardly 5/10 minutes to make your needed 4/5 atta dosa.
Ingredients need for Atta Dosa:-
- 2 cups of wheat flour (atta or chapati flour)
- 4-5 cups of water
- 1 tsp of salt (or to taste)
- 2 tsp of oil
- ¼ tsp of black mustard seeds
- ½ tsp of split urad dal (ulutham paruppu or uzhunnu parippu)
- 2-3 dry red chillies, cut into pieces
- A few curry leaves, torn into pieces
- 3-4 shallots (chinna vengayam or ulli), minced
Instructions for Atta Dosa:-
- Mix the salt and the wheat flour throughly.
- Add water a little at a time and gently mix the batter until the consistency is thin and of pouring consistency.
- Heat the oil and add mustard seeds.
- When they pop, add the urad dal and fry until it turns golden brown.
- Then add the red chillies and curry leaves and remove from fire.
- Add this to the wheat dosa batter and then add the minced shallots. Mix well.
- Heat your dosa tawa and using a large rounded ladle, start pouring the batter from the outside and keep pouring batter into a circle until it’s filled.
- Keeping flame on medium-low, cook the dosa until the edges start to rise a bit.
- Pour a few drops of sesame oil (nallennai) over the dosa and gently flip it over. The first side should be golden brown at this stage.
- Continue to cook the rest of the wheat dosas.
- Serve hot.