If you are trying to lose weight and restrict your calories a bit, oatmeal is the perfect snack to help get you through those times of hunger.
Parathas are one of the most popular unleavened flat breads from North India. Usually made with whole wheat flour and stuffed with different vegetables, these are enjoyed with butter and pickle.
Oats Paratha is a healthy and nutritious because there is so much fiber in oats, they actually promote the feeling of having a full belly. When we feel full, our satiety hormones trigger and we don’t have the constant urge to snack and overeat.
It will quell your hunger pangs and keep you satisfied until your next meal, a win-win superfood to turbocharge your weight loss and keep your health better in this pandemic situation.
Ingredients for Oats paratatha:
- Half Cup Oats Powder
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- Grated Vegetables
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Oil or Ghee
Instructions for making Oats paratha:
- Grind oats into fine powder using a grinder. You can keep this powder ready in fridge in Air Tight Container too to save time.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together wheat flour, salt, pepper, oats powder and grated vegetables (optional) of your choice.
- Knead the mixture into soft dough using enough fresh water and keep the dough covered with wet kitchen cloth for at least 8 to 10 minutes.
- Make small balls out of dough and roll out into thick parathas.
- Cook on hot tava with some oil or ghee till brown spots appear on both sides. If you are making this paratha for weight loss purpose, apply less oil.
- Serve hot with any raita of your choice.