Coconut Dosa– easy, tasty breakfast/dinner recipe with Rice and coconut. This coconut dosa is a nice variation to usual dosa varieties.
It can be done quickly, only it requires soaking time as fermentation part is optional for this dosa. Coconut dosa is perfect as breakfast/dinner & can be served as such or with tomato chutney.
To make coconut dosa recipe we need just 4 ingredients. Raw rice, urad dal, grated coconut and salt. The proportion of coconut can vary as per preference. I usually add 1/4 cup urad dal and 1/2 cup garted coconut for 1 cup raw rice. The batter for this dosa should be a bit thin.
INGREDIENTS FOR COCONUT DOSA:-
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/4 cup urad dal
- Salt to taste
- Oil to make dosa
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING COCONUT DOSA:-
- Soak rice and urad dal for 4-6 hours.
- Drain and take rice and urad dal in a mixer jar. Add grated coconut, salt and grind to a fine paste. Add required water and make a thin dosa batter.
- Heat a tava well.
- Add few drops of oil and rub the tava.
- Pour a ladle full of dosa batter into a circle.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for a minutes. Serve coconut dosa hot with chutney or sambar.