These fudgy balls of coconut have just 4 ingredients. Shredded coconut, coconut milk, cardamom and sugar /juggery or sweetener of choice.
Just like Dals, there are many many variations of Ladoos (Sweet balls) depending on the region, family, festival and preference.
Toast the shredded coconut until nicely golden brown. Add coconut milk or coconut cream and cook for a minute. Add cardamom and sugar and continue to mix and cook until the liquid dries out. Cool, shape and serve!
Ingredients coconut juggery laddu:-
- 1.5 cups (120 g) dried shredded coconut or fresh shredded coconut
- 1 cup (226 ml) full fat coconut milk or coconut cream for fudgier
- seeds of 1 green cardamom pod or use other flavors as vanilla, cinnamon, lemon zest etc.
- 1 cup jaggery powder or date sugar
- a pinch of salt
Instructions for making Juggry coconut Ladoo:-
- If using dried shredded coconut, pulse the coconut shreds in a blender to make small shred or coarse meal size shreds and set aside. Pulse for a few seconds, 3 to 4 times. Crush cardamom seeds in a mortar and pestle and set aside.
- Dry toast the coconut in a skillet over medium low heat. Toast until most of the coconut is golden. 3 to 5 mins. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add coconut milk/cream and cardamom, cook for 2 mins.
- Add juggery and salt, increase heat to medium and cook for 15 to 20 mins, or until the mixture completely absorbs the liquid and does not leak any moisture when squeezed or pressed.
- Cool to room temperature, them shape into balls. Serve!
- Keep covered on the counter for the day and refrigerated for upto a week.