Puffed rice and juggery ball/Mamra Na Laddo /Murmura Laddu / Kurmura Laddu / Indian Sweets or known as snack also in North india Region.
These mamra ladoo are made without oil or ghee still they are very tasty. Using jaggery instead of white sugar retains the traditional charm of this recipe It is more fun to have because that crunchy murmura ladoos gives a superb mouthfeel.
Murmura Ladoo (Murmura Laddu) Recipe: Crispy ladoos made with puffed rice and molten jaggery. Though puffed rice is not really nutritionally rich, it is light on the stomach and low in calories. Murmura Ladoos made of puffed rice are quite filling and are among one of the most loved sweet treats of the country.
Mamra Ladoo or Murmura Ladoo is as popular as Chikki and is relished by both young and old generation.
Ingredients need for Murmura Ladoo:-
- 4 cup mamra ( puffed rice )
- ½ cup jaggery ( mashed and tightly packed )
- 1 tsp ghee
Instructions for Murmura Ladoo:
- Grease the marble and rolling pin with oil.
- Heat ghee in heavy bottom based kadai or pan.
- Add jaggery.
- Cook on medium high flame for 2 min or till jaggery become very light and fluffy.
- Cook on slow flame for 1 – 2 min or till jaggery become dark brown in color. Continuously stir it.
- Add mamra. Turn off flame. Quickly mix well.
- Put pan on stand. Apply little water on your hands.
- Take a mixture of mamra ladoo and make a ball of desire size.
- Same way prepare all mara ladoos.
- Either immediately spread the mixture of mamra ladoo into greased plate. Flat it with base of small bowl. Cut mamra chikki into desire shape.
- Allow to cool it. Then break mamra chikki into given shapes.
- Store these mamra chikki or mamra ladoo into air tight container. Enjoy this healthy version of sweet during kite festival.