Paneer tikka masala – is a spicy and flavorful North Indian paneer recipe in which the panner cubes, onions and bell peppers are dipped in a curd marinade, grilled to perfection and then cooked in spicy gravy. It tastes delicious with roti, naan, kulcha, jeera rice and biryani.
The fresh bell peppers, onions and tomatoes used in this recipe add a potent nutrient punch to the recipe and supply a number of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibers. This recipe does not make use of any food color. The rich red color of the dish is achieved using good quality turmeric, red chili powder and tandoori masala.
- 350 Gms. Paneer (1 cup thick cubes of paneer)
- 1 small Onion, cubed
- 1 medium Green capsicum, cubed
- One cup Beaten Curd (yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Crushed ginger
- One teaspoon Kastoori methi/ dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tablespoon Homemade tandoori masala
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Butter/Ghee/oil (for basting or cooking )
- 2 small Onions, grinded to paste
- 2 small Tomatoes, grinded to paste
- 1 teaspoon Each of ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Cashew Paste
- 2 tablespoon Beaten Curd (yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon Butter/oil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1.5 teaspoon Coriander powder (sukha dhaniya)
- 1.5 tablespoon Homemade tandoori masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon Kasoori methi/ dried fenugreek leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Let’s begin with our marinade ingredients.
- Clean and cube paneer pieces.
- Wash and clean veggies. Cube them in pieces.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30- 40 minutes. Preheat oven at 350 degree F.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl whisk up curd and make it smooth with no lumps. Mix in crushed ginger-garlic paste…
- Add in kastoori methi, tandoori masala, nutmeg powder and salt. Whisk and mix till all the spices are well blended.
- Toss cubed paneer and veggies in the marinade and rub the marinade all over the paneer and coat it well. Marinate it for 2-3 hours.
- After the marination time, put paneer and veggies on skewers, alternating the veggies and paneer pieces.
- Put skewers on a wire rack and place a tray underneath the skewers.
- Place them in preheated oven and bake them for 20-30 minutes or…
- Until brown from both the sides, turning them occasionally.
- Once grilled, allow them to cool down completely.
- Remove them from skewers..
- If you prefer small pieces of paneer in the gravy then cut them into smaller pieces or else let them be.
- Assemble ingredients for the gravy.And the spices.
- Heat oil in a pan,add cumin seeds and as they start to sputter add in ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add in onion paste.
- And cook till all the liquid has evaporated and masala is reduced in half (4 minutes). Mix in tomato puree..
- Add and stir in all the spices, curd and cashew paste. Mix and saute for 5-6 minutes on medium flame.
- Add butter and cook for another 4-6 minutes. This part is OPTIONAL.
- When the oil/butter separates from the masala, pour in 1/4 cup of water. Add water accordingly, if you prefer thick gravy pour in less water.
- Bring it to a boil (2 minutes) and adjust seasonings.
- Add cream and mix until well blended.
- put kastoori methi or chopped cilantro leaves and mix.
- Add grilled paneer pieces along with grilled onions and capsicum/bell pepper.
- Mix and take the kadhai off the flame. Cover and let the paneer pieces soak in all the flavors.
- When ready to serve sprinkle it with few drops of cream and…
- Serve hot with warm rotis.