Bitterguard has many health Benefits, Regular consumption of bitter gourd contributes to relieving constipation and indigestion. So bitterguard chips with hot tea or chutney is good snacks to enjoy.
How many of us love bitter gourd chips ??. We are sure only few hands raised thinking of the bitter gourd. But trust us, these crispy bitter gourd chips are so tasty and are not really bitter. After you taste this chips, you’ll like bitter gourd at least in this form and keep on munching one by one.
Serve Bitter Gourd Chips as your tea time snack along with Hot Masala Tea and Baked Namak Masala Para.
Ingredients for bitterguard chips:-
- 1 Karela (Bitter Gourd/ Pavakkai)
- One Rice flour
- 1 tablespoon Gram flour (besan)
- 3/4 tablespoon Corn flour
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf) , slightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Mango (Raw)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , to taste
- Sunflower Oil , to deep fry
How to make Bitter Gourd Chips Recipe
- To begin making the Bitter Gourd Chips recipe, wash bitter gourd and pat dry. Discard ends and cut into thin slices (the slices should neither be too thin nor thick ). No need to de seed them.
- Later to the bitter gourd slices, add all the flours and spice powders one by one.
- Mix everything well. If required sprinkle just a few drops of water, so that all slices are coated well with masala mixture or you can also add 1-2 teaspoon of hot oil. (don’t add more water it will make them soggy).
- Meanwhile heat oil in a deep pan/kadai for deep frying. Once its hot, add masala quoted bitter gourd slices to the oil, slice by slice, in batches.
- Fry on medium low flame on both sides till the bitter gourds are crispy. Remove them from oil and drain excess oil on a paper towel.
- Repeat the process with the remaining bitter gourd pieces. Crispy bitter gourd fries are ready to munch.
- Serve Bitter Gourd Chips as your tea time snack along with Hot Masala Tea and Baked Namak Masala Para.