Atta ki chakli is made from main gradient Wheat flour, not used any kind of sugar and used less oil in preparation of chaki.
Chakli | Aate Ki Chakli is healthy because it absorbs very less oil. This is quick and easy to prepare using fewer ingredients only. The main ingredient is whole wheat flour to make the chakli. You can easily prepare this crunchy snack and store for the festive season.
Chakli is a very popular snack across India. There are many variations of chakli made during festivals like Diwali. This is the easiest way to make the chakli with only wheat flour. So, try to make this snack at home and enjoy with your loved ones.
INGREDIENTS FOR ATTE KI CHAKLI:-
- 2 cup wheat flour / atta
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- pinch hing / asafoetida
- 1 tsp salt
- water, for kneading
- oil, for frying
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING ATTE KI CHAKLI:-
- firstly, take a bowl and place clean cotton cloth.
- add in 2 cup wheat flour and ¼ cup rice flour. cover tightly by folding the cloth.
- place into the cooker to steam for 15 minutes without putting on the whistle.
- now open the cooker and see the flour would have hardened.
- break the lumps and sieve to prevent any lumps. the flour should be slightly warm while siving.
- add in 1 tsp cumin, ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, pinch hing and 1 tsp salt.
- mix well making sure the spices are well combined.
- add ½ cup water and knead the dough.
- knead to a smooth and soft dough adding water as required.
- now take star mould and fix to the chakli maker.
- grease the chakli maker with some oil. this prevents dough from sticking to mould.
- furthermore, make a cylindrical shape out of dough and place the dough inside the maker.
- tighten the lid and start preparing chaklis.
- on the wet cloth or butter paper make small spiral shape chaklis by pressing.
- seal the ends so that it doesn’t fall apart while deep frying.