These Aloo Chana Chaat have a savory tart shell filled with spicy potato and chickpea chaat.
It’s an amazing dish that is great to serve as an appetizer, side dish or as a snack.
INGREDIENTS for Aloo chana chat:-
FOR ALOO CHANA MIXTURE:
- 1 potato / aloo, boiled & chopped
- One cup chikpea / chana, soaked & boiled
- 1 tsp green chutney
- 1 tsp tamarind chutney
- 2 tbsp curd, whisked
- ¼ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 papdi
- 1 tbsp curd
- 2 tsp green chutney
- Two tsp tamarind chutney
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato, finely chopped
- pinch chilli powder
- one pinch cumin powder
- pinch aamchur / dry mango powder
- one pinch chaat masala
- pinch salt
- 3 tbsp sev
- 1 tbsp pomegranate
- 1 tsp coriander, finely chopped
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALOO CHANA CHAT:-
- firstly, in a bowl take 1 potato and 1 cup chickpea.
- add 1 tsp green chutney, 1 tsp tamarind chutney and 2 tbsp curd.
- also, add ¼ tsp chilli powder and ¼ tsp salt.
- mix well making sure all the spices are well combined.
- transfer the aloo chana mixture to a serving plate.
- crush 3 papdi over the mixture. papdis are optional, however it gives crunchy bite to chaat.
- top with 1 tbsp curd, 1 tsp green chutney and 1 tsp tamarind chutney.
- also, add 1 tbsp onion and 1 tbsp tomato.
- further, sprinkle a pinch of chilli powder, cumin powder, aamchur, chaat masala and salt.
- top with 3 tbsp sev, 1 tsp onion and 1 tsp tomato.
- now again top with 1 tsp green chutney and 1 tsp tamarind chutney.
- finally, top with 1 tbsp pomegranate, 1 tsp coriander and enjoy aloo chana chat.