Dahi Papdi Chaat –is popular Indian street food. The savory crackers called papdi is layered with flavorsome curd, chutney, and spices.
A dahi papdi is always the crisp, crunchy savory crackers loaded with sweet and spicy toppings. Each bite of papdi chaat is a real outburst of flavors.
Chaat is a quintessential part of Indian street food. The evening snack fare in India is so incomplete without a plate full of vibrant, flavorsome chaat.
From dahi bhalla, aloo tikki chaat to Chinese bhel puri, the variety of chaat served in India is just overwhelming. We too have many Chaat favorites but Dahi Papdi chaat is most favourite one.
INGREDIENTS FOR DAHI PAPDI CHAAT:-
- 13 papdi
- 3 tbsp potato / aloo, boiled & chopped
- Three tbsp chickpea, boiled
- 3 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp curd, whisked
- 3 tsp green chutney
- 3 tsp tamarind chutney
- one pinch chilli powder
- pinch cumin powder
- 1/3 tsp chaat masala
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp tomato, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sev
- 1 tsp coriander, finely chopped
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING PAPDI CHAAT:-
- firstly, in a serving plate take 13 papdi. to prepare homemade papdi using wheat flour check out my papdi recipe.
- top with 3 tbsp potato and 3 tbsp chickpea.
- also, sprinkle 2 tbsp of chopped onions.
- now take 3 tbsp of whisked curd and drizzle over it.
- further, add 2 tsp of green chutney and 2 tsp of tamarind chutney.
- sprinkle chilli powder, cumin powder, chaat masala and salt.
- additionally, add 1 tbsp onion and 1 tbsp tomato.
- now add 1 tbsp of more curd, 1 tsp green chutney and 1 tsp tamarind chutney.
- top with 3 tbsp sev and garnish with 1 tsp coriander.
- finally, enjoy dahi papdi chaat with a hot cup of tea.