Spaghetti : is a long, thin, solid, cylindrical noodle pasta made from wheeat.
It is a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine. Like other pasta, spaghetti is made of milled wheat and water and sometimes enriched with vitamins and minerals. Italian spaghetti is typically made from durum wheat semolina.
In india also , you can found in many places like Hyderbad,Mumbai and delhi as street food.it is a easy recipe snacks , you can also prepare at home within a few minutes…and mix with other vegetables for your taste and health benefits. If you like Non-veg than you can add egg or chicken as your choice.
You can add spinach or kale instead of basil in this pesto sauce and Romano Cheese also can be added while making basil pesto sauce. Make the pasta more healthy by adding boiled sweet corn ,steamed broccoli ,baby mozzarella to this dish. if you want creamy pesto pasta add heavy cream to the pasta.
This Vegetarian Spaghetti Pesto – recipe is made with a easy and simple flavor-packed basil walnut pesto sauce, tossed with spaghetti pasta noodles and tomatoes made in instant pot pressure cooker.
For Cooking Pasta in Instant Pot:
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon oil ,optional
For Homemade Pesto Sauce:-
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cups pine nuts or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese or romano
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- baby tomatoes or roasted tomatoes
- parmesan cheese or baby mozzarella cheese
- red chili flakes
INSTRUCTIONS for making Veg Spagetti pesto:-
How to Cook Pasta:
- Stove Top Method: Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions (about 10-11 minutes).Once the pasta is cooked, drain excess water and keep it aside.
- Instant Pot Method: Add dry spaghetti, oil ,water, salt to the Instant pot.Most of the spaghetti pasta should be covered in the water. If it is not, add some more water. Close the lid on the pot.Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 4 minutes.