Modak is a popular dessert from Maharashtra, prepared during the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi. This modak Bhog/Prasad offered to Ganesh, as it’s a belief that Lord Ganesh loves eating Modak.
We all make our effort to please Bappa and keep him happy for next 9 days. And what could be better than his favourite MODAK to keep him content.
That is why Siddhidata Vinayak is known as Modak Priya. There are 21 odd number of modak is offered on Ganesh Puja.
More popular offerings to Ganpati Bappa are Boondi Laddu, Steamed Modak, Fried Modak, and there are some unconventional sweets which are good for our health like Oven Baked Modak and Paneer Modak.
Stuffed with mawa, sugar and cocoa, this is a rich and delicious variety of modaks. This sweet can also be made with milk, biscuit crumbs, chocolates and flour for an authentic chocolate flavour.
Ingredients for Chocolate Modak:-
- Chocolate biscuits – any chocolate biscuits available (1 small packet)
- Condensed milk – 3 tablespoons
- Ghee/ clarified butter – as required for greasing
- Chocolate chips – as required
Instructions for making Chocolate Modak:-
- Take any chocolate biscuits in a mixer jar and grind it.
- Now, transfer it into a bowl. Add condensed milk and mix it properly.
- Take a modak mould and grease it with the ghee. Fill it half from the above prepared mixture and place some chocolate chips over it and again place the mixture at the top. Cover the mould and press it to give a fine shape.
- Transfer it to a serving plate.
- Delicious chocolate modak is ready to be served.