it is popular chocolate cake dessert recipe in india and huge credit goes to dominos and pizza hut to make it even more popular.This is such a quick dessert, that you really don’t need a special occasion to make this cake.
INGREDIENTS for Nutella lava cake:-
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of Salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup Sugar (preferably powdered sugar)
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Warm Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Plain Yogurt or Curd (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Nutella (or as much as you like!)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract / essence
- Chocolate Chips or Chunks (optional)
NSTRUCTIONS for making Nutella Lava cake:-
- In a bowl, add the sugar, warm milk and oil. Beat well until sugar dissolves
- Add the plain yogurt (or curd) and mix well.
- Add nutella and vanilla extract. (If the nutella is too thick, slightly warm it in the microwave to loosen it). Mix well to form a luscious chocolatey mixture
- Add in the flour, baking powder & baking soda. Mix well. (don’t overmix. Just mix until flour is well mixed into the wet mixture)
- Fill in about one fourth of the ramekins or cupcake molds.
- Add some chocolate chips (or chunks) and a spoon of Nutella in the center.
- Fill the the ramekin or cupcake with some more of the cake batter on top of the nutella. (Make sure the entire level of the batter comes upto three fourths only)
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 10-12 minutes. (If you’re using a convection oven, I suggest you bake at 160 C for 15 minutes)
- Serve warm as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.