Sweet potato cake is popular and healthier choice for many because of their fiber and vitamin contents, sweet potatoes are often considered the healthier choice between the two. Sweet potatoes are likely healthier than regular potatoes.
They have a lower GI, more fiber, and large amounts of beta carotene .It’s a moist cake with just the right amount of spice to compliment the sweet potato.
It’s a cake worthy of a special occasion or even just an ordinary day you’d like to make special. I hope you enjoy this cake as much as we have.
Ingredients for sweetpotato cake:
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- two cups canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Two cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Half teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded peeled sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
Directions for sweet potato vanilla cake:-
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, spices and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in sweet potatoes and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate leftovers.