This Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe is a delicious family favorite pound cake loved for generations. Simple to make with only seven ingredients, this is the best cream cheese pound cake and makes a perfect dessert.
Pound Cakes have long been a much loved cake for dessert for a long time. And I think the reason why they never go out of style, is that they’re just a great tasting cake. This Cream Cheese Pound Cake is no exception. It has a lovely golden brown crust that is sweet and so wonderfully crisp on the day it’s made. While the crust does soften with storage, it still maintains its excellent flavor. And I like how it contrasts so beautifully with the buttery yellow interior that’s soft and moist and rich with cream cheese, butter, and eggs.
Vanilla is the flavoring in this pound cake, along with a little lemon zest which provides a nice citrus flavor plus it helps to balance both the sweetness and richness of the cake. I really don’t think this cake needs an icing, it just perfect as is with a hot cup of tea or coffee. But for a plated dessert you can serve it with either fresh fruit or a fruit sauce, along with softly whipped cream, a scoop of ice cream or even a sorbet.
To bake this cake, you will need these ingredients.
- 3 sticks of butter
- 1 – 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
How to Make Cream Cheese Poundcake:-
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Allow your cream cheese, butter, and eggs to reach room temperature.
- Cream together cream cheese, butter, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and add one at a time. Add in flour, salt and vanilla.
- Prepare your bundt or tube pan. Pour your batter into your prepared pan.
- Level out your cake batter in your pan with the back of a spoon.
- About now your house is smelling amazing!
- You’ll bake until golden brown on the top and a cake tester or bamboo skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake, about an hour and a half.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes in the cake pan, then turn onto a cake plate to enjoy it while it is still warm. If not eating while warm, then turn onto a wire rack to let it cool completely, then move to your cake plate. It’s so delicious!