Butterfly cupcakes are a quintessential treat that was served at almost every child’s birthday party in the UK Traditional Britishbutterfly cakes are sometimes called fairy cakes, but no matter the name, they are simply delightful.
The butterfly cupcakes on a stand can give you an idea of how to use them as a butterfly birthday cake.
INGREDIENTS FOR Fairy cupcakes:-
- 125 gram butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup thickened cream, whipped
Pink glace icing
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon soft butter
- a few drops pink food colouring
- 2 teaspoon hot water
- coloured sprinkles, to decorate
METHODS FOR MAKING Fairy cupcakes AT HOME:-
- 1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper patty cases.
- 2.In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- 3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Spoon mixture into paper cases until two-thirds full.
- 4.Bake 20-25 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5. To make pink glace icing, sift icing sugar into a bowl. Beat in butter, food colouring and enough water to make a smooth, spreadable consistency. Spread over cooled cakes; allow to set.
- 6.Cut out a small circle from top of cake. Fill with cream; replace top. Spread with icing. Top with sprinkles and serve.