Paneer Payasam is one of the most easiest dessert and also tastes more or less like basundi. . This kheer tastes great when served chilled.
It is perfect for festive occasions and even for get-togethers. Paneer kheer is made with Fresh paneer, Condensed milk , 1 cup fat milk and dryfruits almond and cashew.
5 Reasons to Include Paneer in Your Daily Diet:-
- Vegetarian Source of Protein – Paneer is a great source of protein and it must be included in any vegetarian diet in order to make up for the lack of meat and eggs. One cup of paneer contains almost 28 grams of protein, which comes to 56% of your daily protein intake.
2. Satiating Food Option – Being a low-carb and high protein food, paneer helps to prevent overeating and unmindful snacking on unhealthy foods, which is extremely important for weight management. The slow release of energy from the protein helps to keep you energized for a long time without causing any sudden burst in energy levels.
3. Aids Weight Loss – The conjugated linoleic acid or CLA present in paneer boosts body metabolism and promotes weight loss by speeding by the calorie burning process. Although, there are various other sources of CLA such as butter and red meats, but most of them are also high in saturated fats. Paneer is the only low-fat source of CLA.
4. Improves Bone and Dental Health – Panner is a rich source of calcium which helps to reduce the risk of osteoporosis and other bone diseases related to calcium deficiency. It also helps to develop stronger and healthier teeth.
5. Controls Diabetes – Cottage cheese is high in protein and low in carbohydrates, which makes it a healthy food for diabetics. High protein content in panner leads to slow release of energy in the body, which in turn prevents sudden spikes in blood sugar levels.
Ingredients needed Paneer kheer:-
Milk -2 1/4 cup (full fat milk)
Condensed milk – 1/4 cup
Paneer (Indian cottage cheese or chenna) grated – 3/4 cup
Saffron – 4-5 strands (soak it in a tbsp of warm milk)
Cardamom powder -1/4 tsp
Almonds – 5-6
Cashew nuts – 4-5
Preparation for paneer kheer:-
Roast nuts and chop it into small pieces.
Grate paneer and keep it aside.
Mix condensed milk with a tbsp of milk and keep it aside.
Method for paneer kheer/payesam:–
1. Boil milk in a pan until it reduces a little and becomes slightly thick.
2. Add condensed milk, saffron, cardamom powder and grated paneer and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
3. witch it off and garnish with nuts. Allow it to cool.
4. Refrigerator and serve chilled. Get ready to “wow” your guests with this exotic dessert that hardly took more than 15 mins to prepare.