Elaneer payasam or tender coconut kheer is a quick and delicious dessert prepared with tender coconut water, milk, tender coconut flesh and coconut milk. It is served chilled and tastes fantastic.
It is easy to make and needs very few ingredients. Let’s see how to make tender coconut payasam following this simple recipe .
Coconut water is found in young coconuts and a good source of fiber, vitamin C and several important minerals. It has Numerous Health Benefits.
It’s also a good source of magnesium, which may increase insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels.
Animal studies suggest that coconut water may have powerful cholesterol-lowering properties . Another study suggest water from coconuts may prevent kidney stones by reducing crystal and stone formation.
Ingredients needed to make Tender Coconut Payasam
Milk – 2 cups
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Tender coconut flesh – 3/4 cup
Tender coconut water – 1/2 cup
Coconut milk – 3/4 cup
Cardamon powder – 1/4 tsp
Instructions How to Make Elaneer Payasam
- Boil 2 cups of milk until it reduces to 1 1/2 cup.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar and boil until sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Blend 3/4 cup of tender coconut flesh with 1/2 cup of tender coconut water.
- Extract coconut milk – Blend 1 cup of grated coconut with 1 cup of lukewarm water and strain it using a muslin cloth or strainer. Homemade Coconut milk is ready.
- Mix together the reduced milk, 1/4 tsp cardamom powder, coarsely ground tender coconut mixture and 3/4 cup of coconut milk.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Tender coconut payasam or Elaneer Payasam is ready. Serve chilled.
If preferred you can add cashew nuts sauteed in ghee but I do not recommend that. This itself tastes heavenly.
You can use ready make coconut milk also, if preferred. You can check my detailed post on how to extract coconut milk.
For a richer paysam, substitute sugar with sweetened condensed milk.
Hi friend, hope you enjoyed my recipe, please subscripe my channel.
Thanks for visiting my channel.