Corn Pakoda or Corn Bhajia— is a perfect tea time snack made using fresh corn kernals, chickpea flour and spices. It is crispy crunchy from outside and soft from inside. It makes for a perfect accompaniment with tea or coffee and is very easy to make.
There are many variations of pakoda that you can make, but today we will see how to make crispy Corn Pakoda.
Ingredients for Babycorn pakoda:–
- 12-15 Baby Corn
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 3 to 4 Garlic pods (peeled and crushed)
- 2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- Some ginger pieces (finely grated)
- 1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- A pinch of baking soda
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp hot oil
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala (Optional)
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 small green onions (for garnishing)
- first,Wash the baby corns and let them dry on a kitchen towel.
- Take a big bowl add all the flours, garlic, green chillies, ginger. Now adding little by little water make a thick batter. Mix it well without any lumps. Make sure to beat the batter for full 5 minutes so that the batter gets light.
- Add hot oil, chopped coriander, salt, soda and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a kadai/ wok. When the oil is hot, put a drop of the batter in the oil. If the drop comes up immediately that means the oil is ready.
- Reduce the flame to medium.
- Now take a baby corn and dip it in the batter such that it is evenly coated with it. Put it in the hot oil. Repeat the process for 4 – 5 more baby corns.
- Fry these baby corns till they are golden brown in color. Make sure not to overcrowd the kadai.
- Take them out and drain on absorbent paper.
- Garnish it with chopped green onions.
- Serve these hot baby corn pakoras with ketchup or chutney.