Makhan Malai or Malai Makkhan also called ‘Malaiyo or Nimish is a sweet snack made from milk cream during the winters. This dessert is prepared in many parts of Uttar Pradesh especially in cities of Kanpur, Varanasi and Lucknow.
It takes eight hours to prepare for the dessert. Preparation starts a day before with cow milk being boiled in a huge cauldron. Then, fresh cream is added and the milk is boiled again and allowed to cool under the sky. This is perhaps the most important step when the milk is exposed to dew and remains in the open for four to five hours.
This is the only reason why it cannot be prepared in the summer. The heat will melt the butter. Next, milk is churned for three hours in the morning. Powdered sugar, yellow color, and cardamom powder are added to give it the final flavor.
Many types of butter(Makkhan) are known like Makhan Malai which is like thick froth, it by churning curd and traditional Braj Makhan is made by tying curd in a cloth.
You can make Braj Makhan on Janmashthami and it is very tasty. It is cools and gives energy to the body. Braj Makhan was a favorite of Lord Krishna, you will also like it. Let us make delicious Braj Makhan today.
Ingredients for Makhan malai :–
- Milk – 1 liter(full cream)
- Curd – 1 tsp
- Crystalline Sugar – 100 grams
How to make Braj Makhan :-
- Pour milk in a heavy based utensil and heat it. Boil till 3/4 of thick milk is remains.
2. Take out boiled milk in a bowl and cool it till you can bear the heat when you dip your finger in it. Put curd in the milk and cover the milk then keep it in a warm place. Curd will will solidify in milk within 6-7 hours.
3. Place curd on a fat cotton cloth and hang it till water drains out from it, squeeze with your hands and take out all the water then hang it again. Repeat this process 3-4 times. There should not be any water remaining in the curd, keep his curd on a plate then press with a board or with something heavy so that any remaining water comes out.
4. Remove the Makhan collected in the cloth and blend with your hands. Grind the crystalline sugar into a coarse powder and mix with Makhan properly.
Makhan Malai is ready , you can make it round round shape laddu also,
which called Malai makhan Ladoo / Makhan Malai laddu or Khir Mohan Laddu but taste remain same.
Hi friend, hope you enjoyed my recipe, please subscripe my channel.
Thanks for visiting my channel.