Ginger is a flowering plant that originated in Southeast Asia. It’s among the healthiest (and most delicious) spices on the planet. It belongs to the Zingiberaceae family, and it’s closely related to turmeric, cardamom, and galangal. The rhizome (underground part of the stem) is the part commonly used as a spice. It’s often called ginger root or, simply, ginger.
Ginger can be used fresh, dried, powdered, or as an oil or juice. It’s a very common ingredient in recipes. It’s sometimes added to processed foods and cosmetics.
Ginger is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that have powerful benefits for your body and brain. It’s one of the very few superfoods actually worthy of that term.
Ginger has many health benefits :-
1.Ginger is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
2. Just 1–1.5 grams of ginger can help prevent various types of nausea, including chemotherapy-related nausea, nausea after surgery, and morning sickness.
3. According to studies in animals and humans, ginger may help improve weight-related measurements. These include body weight and the waist-hip ratio.
4. There are some studies showing ginger to be effective at reducing symptoms of osteoarthritis, especially osteoarthritis of the knee.
5. Ginger has been shown to lower blood sugar levels and improve various heart disease risk factors in people with type 2 diabetes.
6. Ginger appears to speed up emptying of the stomach, which can be beneficial for people with indigestion and related stomach discomfort.
7. Ginger appears to be very effective against menstrual pain when taken at the beginning of the menstrual period.
8. There’s some evidence, in both humans and animals, that ginger can lead to significant reductions in LDL (bad) cholesterol, total cholesterol, and blood triglyceride levels.
9. Ginger contains the substance gingerol, which appears to have protective effects against cancer. However, more studies are needed.
10. Animal studies suggest that ginger can protect against age-related damage to the brain. It can also help improve brain function in middle-aged women.
Apple Cider Vinegar health Benefits:-
1. Apple cider vinegar is made by fermenting the sugar from apples. This turns them into acetic acid, which is a main active ingredient in vinegar and may be responsible for its health benefits.
2. The main substance in vinegar — acetic acid — can kill harmful bacteria or prevent them from multiplying. It has a history of use as a disinfectant and natural preservative.
3. Apple cider vinegar has shown great promise in improving insulin sensitivity and helping lower blood sugar responses after meals.
4. Studies suggest that vinegar can increase feelings of fullness and help you eat fewer calories, which may lead to weight loss.
5. Several animal studies have shown that vinegar can reduce blood triglycerides, cholesterol, and blood pressure. However, there is no strong evidence that it leads to a reduced risk of heart disease in humans.
6. Apple cider vinegar is naturally acidic and has antimicrobial properties. This means it could help improve the skin barrier and prevent infections. However, more studies are needed to know how safe and effective this remedy is.
Ingredients for Ginger and apple cider vinegar Tea :
- 1 cup water
- 1-inch ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tsp unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp raw honey
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
Boil water and take off the gas. Add ginger, cover and steep for 5 minutes. Add ACV, honey, and cayenne, mix and sip warm.
Ginger apple cider vineger tea
How does it strengthen your immune system
Ginger contains chemicals called sesquiterpenes that target cold viruses. Cayenne peppers contain a high amount of capsaicin that suppresses a neuropeptide involved in inflammatory processes. ACV contains beneficial bacteria and prebiotics that can have a positive impact on immune health