How does it strengthen your immune system
Pumpkin is rich in beta carotene which is a great immunity booster and protects the body from free radical damage. Cinnamon and nutmeg fight inflammation, help ward off infections and heal damaged tissue. Coconut milk contains lauric acid that is known for its antiseptic properties.
Ingredients need for pumpkin soup:
- 3 cups red pumpkin cubes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- garlic 1 tsp chopped
- cinnamon powder 1/2 tsp
- nutmeg powder 1/4 tsp
- jeera powder 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried thyme or oregano
- 1 cup thin coconut milk
Methods for making pumpkin soup at home:–
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions, garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of hot water, salt, and pepper and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool. Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same deep pan, add the spices and herbs and coconut milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Serve hot