You may also like these Home made Snacks recipe:- Samosa recipe , Mushroom Momos , Kerala Banana chips , Dalgona coffee , Pani puri recipe.
South indian Mutton Biriyani is cooked in a spicy onion-tomato, mint-coriander, garam masala gravy is added to ghee flavoured jeerakasala/samba rice and cooked to finish.
Originally served with brinjal bartha but we just need some cold yoghurt and some pappads to relish this rice and meat dish.
You may also like these Home made Snacks recipe:-Carrot chips recipe , Chicken Momos recipe ,Paneer Samosa recipe, Punjabi Paneer tikka , Bengali Beguni Bhaji.
INGREDIENTS for South indian Mutton Biriyani:-
FOR THE BIRYANI MASALA
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 3 Dry Red Chillies
- 1/2 inch piece Cinnamon
- 1 Clove
You may also like these Paneer recipe:- Chilli paneer recipe, Mushroom paneer curry, Paneer Kheer Recipe, Palak paneer curry, Paneer cutlet recipe.
PREP WORK FOR MAKING PASTE
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 12 small onions or 6 shallots
MARINATING THE MUTTON
- 600 grams mutton
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt / curd
- 1 teaspoon salt
- part of the ground ginger-garlic paste ( 2 teaspoon)
You may also like these Biriyani recipe:- Kathal Biriyani recipe ,Mushroom Biriyani recipe , Chickenn Biriyani recipe ,Ambur mutton Biriyani recipe.
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 400ml aged basmati rice
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 3 onions, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 6–10 green chillies, slit
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
You may also like these Home made Cakes recipe:Plum cake recipe , Chocolate Tuffle cake, Butterfly coffee cake , Chocolate cake .Sweet Potato Chocolate cake.
Methods for Making South indian Mutton Biriyani:-
- Dry roast the ingredients for the biryani masala until brown and fragrant. Grind to a fine powder. Set aside.
- Grind the ginger-garlic paste and small onion / shallot paste. Set aside.
- Marinate the mutton with two teaspoon of ground ginger garlic paste, salt and yogurt. Set aside.
- Heat peanut oil and ghee in a pan until hot. Add in the aromatics.
- Mix onions and green chillies and fry till brown and caramelized.
- Add in the chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves and fry for a minute.
You may also like these Home made Cakes recipe: Tasty Banana Bread , Almond chocolate cake, Christmas cake at Home ,Vanilla cake recipe , Bluberry coffee cake.
You may also like these tasty home made Sweets recipe :-Dryfruits Laddu ,Oats Laddu , PineApple sandesh ,Coconut Kheer recipe,Bengali Misti doi.