Balushahi sweet | badusha recipe | badusha sweet or badhusha sweet / Makhan vada is a popular North indian sweets.
Balushahi -is one of the traditional Indian sweets made using all-purpose flour, ghee, and yogurt. This sweet is crispy from outside and has a soft and flaky texture from inside. It is usually made for weddings and festivals in India.
Very popular in North India, it has many names depending on the state.Some call it Balushahi, some Badhusha and it is even called Makhan Bada.
Balushahi is very different from doughnut! This is a crispy from outside and moist and flaky from inside, whereas on the other hand Doughnut is soft and spongy.
INGREDIENTS for Balushahi:-
- 1½ cup 250 gm maida / plain flour / refined flour / all purpose flour
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- water as required, ¼ cup approx
- ¼ cup 50 gm ghee / clarified butter
- ¼ cup 65 gm curd / yogurt
- oil for deep frying
FOR SUGAR SYRUP:
- 1 cup 250 gm sugar
- ½ cup water
- few thread saffron / kesar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder.
INSTRUCTIONS for making Balushahi:-
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 1½ cup maida.
- also add ½ tsp sugar, ½ tsp baking powder. combine well.
- now add ¼ cup ghee and crumble the mixture.
- further add ¼ cup curd and combine well.
- additionally add ¼ cup water and start to make dough without kneading.
- cover with moist cloth and rest for 15 minutes.
- after the dough has rested for 15 minutes, slightly knead the dough.
- pinch a small ball sized dough and make ball.
- make a dent at the centre with the help of thumb.
- deep fry in medium hot oil on low flam till the balls turn golden brown and crisp.
- drop them into warm sugar syrup immediately.
- coat the badhusha with sugar syrup both the sides and soak for 5 minutes.
- finally, serve balushahi recipe or badusha recipe garnished with few chopped cashews.