This recipe is for Date and Nuts Ladoo, or Candy as we can make them at home. This is a quick and easy recipe. If you are using roasted nuts then there is a little or no cooking involved.
This is a guilt free healthy snack (no sugar or butter added). Date ladoos are also vegan and gluten free. It’s hard to eat just one.
Ingredients for Dates and Nuts:
- 1 cup dates pitted and chopped (khajoor)
- 1-1/2 cups mixed nuts roasted and roughly chopped, I am using almonds, pistachios, cashews, and pecans
- 2 tablespoons coco powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oil to oil your palms
Methods for making Dates and Nuts:-
- Soften the chopped dates in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Blend the dates in the food processor until they become to the paste, this should take about 10 seconds, add coffee, coco, and salt blend it again until all the ingredients nicely incorporated about 10 seconds. Add the nuts to the food processor and blend it for about 15 seconds. Nuts should be still chunky.
- Remove from food processor, oil your palm and knead the mix into dough, and divide them into 18 equal parts and roll them into ladoos.
- Dates and nuts ladoos can be stored in air tight container for a month or more.