Coconut burfi is one of the best treats! You get chewy, soft, juicy desiccated coconut that’s perfectly rich, moist and sweetened with condensed milk. It is called nariyal barfi in Hindi language.
When short on time during the festive season, make this easy to make 10 minutes coconut burfi recipe that requires only 3 ingredients Coconut, condensed milk , sugar and pistachio, plus a garnish.
They are perfect for parties because you can make a big batch with the same amount of time .Adults, children and all absolutely love them.
Ingredients for coconut Burfi:-
Dry coconut: I like to use dry desiccated coconut because that’s what I always have in my pantry. Instead, you can use fresh coconut, you just have to increase the cooking time because fresh one has more moisture than dry.
Condensed milk: It adds richness, creaminess and of course sweetness.
Pistachios: I have used finely chopped pista on top of the burfi for garnish. I like the contrast pale white color of burfi with pista green. You can use your choice of any nuts like almonds, cashews.
Rosewater: It adds nice aroma and flavor to the coconut burfi.
- 4 cups or 300 grams Desiccated coconut
- 14 oz can Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons Rose water
- 2 tablespoons Pistachios crushed for garnishing
Step By Step Photo Instructions :-
Grease the 8×8 inch square pan with ghee and keep it ready.
1) Take (desiccated) dry coconut powder, sweetened condensed milk and rose water in a pan.
2) Turn the heat on medium, mix everything well and cook with stirring constantly till everything comes together and becomes thick. It takes about 5-7 minutes only.
3) Spread the mixture evenly onto the prepared pan. Sprinkle crushed pistachios and pat it lightly so they stick to the burfi. Let it cool down and set for a few hours. Cut into square pieces and serve.