Suji Ka Halwa or Sooji Halwa – It is Indian Semolina Pudding which can be made using three ingredients in just no time. Serve it for dessert or as breakfast .it is made from Sooji , sugar and ghee.
you can prefer making Halwa for your weekend treats or for special occasions
To make this Halwa, you just need three ingredients –
Sooji – I prefer to use fine sooji to make sooji halwa. It becomes softer and the sooji gets cooked very nicely.
You can use other varieties of sooji too, but the result won’t be as great as fine sooji.
Sugar – I generally use raw sugar in my kitchen but you can use any sugar that you have at hand. You can also use powdered jaggery instead of sugar to make this halwa.
Ghee – This dessert tastes best when made in ghee. Do not make it in oil or butter.
Add in some crushed dry fruits such as Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios, and Raisins for a lovely crunch. I also like to flavor it sometimes with crushed cardamom or cardamom powder and a pinch of saffron.
Ingredients for Suji Halwa:-
- ▢ ½ cup Ghee
- ▢ 5-6 Cashew Nuts (Chopped)
- ▢ 5-6 Almonds (Chopped)
- ▢ 10-12 Raisins
- ▢ ½ cup Fine Sooji / Semolina
- ▢ 2 cups Water
- ▢ ½ cup Sugar
Instructions for suji Halwa:-
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- When the ghee is hot, add sooji and fry till sooji turns light golden brown.
- Add cashew nuts, almonds and raisins.
- Fry until sooji turns nicely golden brown.
- Keep stirring constantly.
- Add water and cook on low heat till all the water is absorbed by sooji and sooji is softened.
- Add sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes, until sugar melts and the halwa is slightly brownish in color.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and pistachios.
- Serve hot.