We can make an Uttapam from the Idli, Dosa batter but Uttapams generally require a thicker and more airy batter. So you can adjust the ratios of the dal and rice accordingly, or try this easy recipe made with rava (semolina).
Ingredients for Rawa uttapam:-
- 2 cups rava
- 6 tbsps yoghurt
- 1 green chilly, chopped
- One tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tomato, chopped
- One onion, chopped
- 1 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil, as required
Methods for making Rawa :
- In a bowl, make a batter by mixing the rava with yoghurt, water and salt, and set it aside for an hour.
- Heat 2-3 tsps oil in a non-stick frying pan and gently pour a spoonful of this batter into it and spread evenly.
- Add the chopped chillies, cumin seeds, tomatoes, onions and coriander leaves on top and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the batter cook in its own steam for up to 5 minutes, flip and cook for a couple of minutes again, if required, and serve hot.
- You can even grate some cheese on it to make a Cheesy Tomato-Onion Uttapam.