This amazing Gujarati breakfast recipe is a feast for health conscious people.
Methi Muthia is a popular, healthy and delicious Gujarati snack recipe. These are steamed or fried dumplings made with fenugreek leaves/ methi a mix of whole wheat flour and gram flour with few spices.
Muthia is a great Gujarati recipe Which along with Khakhra, safed dhokla, Khandavi, khaman dhokla etc. makes an important part of Gujrati Farsan. Farsan in Gujarati means snacks or small bites.
I love Gujarati dishes because it beautifully combines distinct sweet, salty, and spicy elements in one dish.
These dumplings are made using whole wheat flour, gram flour and methi leaves. I make a soft and pliable dough with these and some spices. Then I steam them and temper them with whole spices and cook muthia’s to a golden crispy perfection.
You can serve methi muthia as steamed snack, but most of the times I like to cook them further in a pan so they are crispy and crunchy from outside.
Muthia are one snack that you can enjoy it either warm or cold, it tastes great both ways. It is a great option to pack it in your kid’s lunch box. I prefer to eat as tea time snack mostly. Although this tastes best with peanut chutney I love to serve it with green chutney .
Ingredients for Methi Muthias:
- Wheat flour
- Gram flour
How To Make Muthi Muthias:
- Chop the methi and green chillies.
- Sauté all the ingredients to prepare dough.
- Cut the dough into small and round pieces.
- Bring out the baking tray and oil its surface.
- Place the round pieces of dough in it.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and cook for 10 minutes and your dish is ready.