Breakfast, lunch or tea time, dhokla is great for anytime of the day but the Khamam Dhokla is specially enjoyed as a morning meal. Dhoklas can be made in several ways.
The Khaman Dhokla is made with groundchana dal orbesan. Khaman dhokla is different from the Khatta Dhokla which is made with a fermented batter of rice and split chickpeas. It is soft and spongy but a little dry. Khaman is very easy to make at home .
Ingredients for Gujarati Khaman:-
- 3 cup gram
- 1 cup rice flour
- 5 Tbsp curd
- 4 Tbsp oil
- Pinch of soda bicarb
- 1 packet of fruit salt
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 tsp ginger and green mirch paste
How to Make Gujarati Khaman:-
- 1. Soak gram for 4 hours.
- 2.Grind it in a mixture machine.add rice floor.
- 3.Add curd, soda bicarb and oil.
- 4.Keep it aside for 6-7 hours.
- 5.After that add ginger and green mirch powder, fruit salt and salt.
- 6.Grease idli vessel, fill the batter and cook it for 10-15 mins.
- 7.After that make tadka of mustard seeds and chopped green mirch.
- 8.Garnish it with coriander.