A delicious and halthy dosa made with rice, urad dal, grated coconuts, poha, jaggery and red chillies – a soft and light dosa to lighten up your breakfast or even as light evening snack.
Spring Onion Dosa is an aromatic and tasty dosa which is made with the addition spring onions. They are mild in taste and mostly grown in mildly cool temperature. Spring Onions lack fully developed bulbs and the entire plant is used in making salads, soups and chutney
In this recipe spring onion is used in rice batter along with a few spices dosa is prepared. We usually serve this with ghee, butter and liquid jaggery.
Ingredients for Oinion Dosa:-
- 1 cup Spring Onion (Bulb & Greens) , chopped
- 1 cup Spring Onion Greens , chopped
- 2 cups Dosa rice
- 1/2 cup Poha (Flattened rice)
- 2 tablespoons White Urad Dal (Split)
- 1 tablespoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 6 Dry Red Chillies
- 1/4 cup Fresh coconut , grated
- 2 tablespoon Jaggery , grated
- Water , as required for batter
- Sunflower Oil , to prepare dosa
- Salt , to taste
How to make Spring Onion Dosa Recipe:-
- To begin making the Spring Onion Dosa, clean dosa rice with water and soak in water for 4 hours.
- Soak urad dal and methi seeds separately in water for 4 hours.
- Clean thick poha with water and soak with little water for 15 mins.
- After 4 hours, take a mixer jar add half of soaked rice, urad dal, methi seeds and grind into fine paste. Pour this into a mixing vessel.
- Now add remaining rice, soaked poha, red chilies and grated fresh coconut in a mixer jar and grind into fine paste.
6. Pour this ground paste into the batter bowl and mix everything properly. Add grated jaggery and mix well.
7. Next add the finely chopped spring onion (both bulbs and greens), salt into the batter and mix well. and Add water as required to prepare the medium thick batter.
8. Heat a skillet and pour the Spring Onion dosa batter over the heated skillet.
9. Sprinkle oil on the surface and close with a lid. Cook the dosa properly from both the sides. Serve hot with butter, ghee, and liquid jaggery.