Paneer is one ingredient that is most popular in every Indian household. Paneer being native to North India isn’t confined to North Indian cooking. All other cultures love to include paneer in their diet in some or the other form.
Paneer is a versatile ingredient in itself. It’s Indian cheese that can be added to anything for extra protein . The best part of paneer is that it takes up whatever flavors you add into it.
Paneer masala for dosa sandwiches wraps and more because we all want easy versatile recipes to get through the week. In this paneer masala recipe the “irresistible Paneer ” is generously tossed with bright array of vegetables.
Ingredients for paneer Dosa:-
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 cup cubed onions
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- one cup cubed bell peppers
- 1 small tomato cubed
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- ½ cup tomato puree
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 500 grams paneer cubed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon pav bhaji masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chat masala
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Salt to taste
- Freshly squeezed lemon as needed
- Fistful of chopped coriander
- Fistful of chopped mint
Instructions for paneer Dosa:-
- Heat up oil in a wide pan.
- Once hot add in cumin, onion, ginger garlic and sautee for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add in the bell peppers and saute for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the tomato and tomato puree .
- Add in all the spices called for including some salt . Mix everything well .
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes .
- Add in cubed paneer , ketchup, yogurt . Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes on low heat .
- Now add in the cabbage , coriander and mint leaves. Cook for a minute. Do not overcook for the crunch.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon as desired.
Recipe link for instant dosa , no rice & no fermentation here. – gluten free Indian crepes .
Using mustard oil elevates the overall flavor. Substitute- You may use cooking oil of your choice and add 1 tablespoon yellow mustard.
You may substitute yogurt with sour cream or mayonnaise. Just skip lemon juice if doing so.If going low carb skip the ketchup.
If you do not have pav bhaji masala use garam masala instead have rest of the spices then use 1 tablespoon curry powder plus 1 teaspoon cayenne instead. Substitute chat masala with some more lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper and rock salt.
This is a dry paneer masala recipe. You may make gravy by adding 1 cup tomato puree .
If using store bought paneer it tends to be very hard here in United States. Just dunk paneer cubes in hot water for 5 minutes and then proceed with the recipe.
Purple/ red cabbage adds good crunch and fiber plus looks vibrant. If unavailable add in green cabbage.