Kabab Kathi roll is a popular street food all across India. For this Indian wrap, makes a stuffing of marinated and smoked chicken pieces and stuffs it in rotis (wraps) and tops it with spicy chutneys. This wrap is smoky, spicy and extremely filling.
Here is a delicious snack for your evenings. Its the perfect lunch box idea for your kids too. You can replace the meat with vegetables of your choice and turn this into a vegetarian roll – a healthy recipe for children.
INGREDIENTS FOR KABAB ROLL PARATHA:-
- 300 gm chicken
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup curd
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp chilli paste
- 2 tbsp oil clarified butter
- all-purpose flour
- dough balls
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ cup clarified butter
- 1 egg
- 1 onion
- green chutney
- 1 lemon
PREPARATION FOR MAKING KABAB ROLL PARATHA:-
- To make Kathi Rolls, in a bowl, marinate the chicken pieces with ginger and garlic paste, salt, lemon juice, curd, deggi chilli, coriander powder, turmeric and chilli paste and keep it for 3 hours.
- Place the pieces of marinated chicken in the kathi and bake it over the sigri(stove).
- On the other side, fry the remaining chicken pieces in the oil.
- Take out the kathi rolls from the sigri, add desi ghee to it and keep the coal pieces from sigri in the centre of the chicken in the pan.
- Cover the pan for a while.
- Now to make rolls, make dough balls and roll out round.
- Make a paratha in oil and desi ghee and pour an egg on top of it.
- Add the baked chicken, green onions, green chutney mixture and a little lemon juice in the middle of the paratha and roll it.
- Kathi Rolls are ready; serve it with green onions and green chutney.