Egg Dosa is a delicious protein rich wholesome meal which is an ideal dish especially for breakfast. it is nothing but a regular rice and lentil crepe topped and cooked with seasoned eggs in an omelette form or bulls eye form.
This dosa can either be served with a chutney of your choice but if you are seasoning eggs with a good amount of spiciness, it can be eaten as it is.
A healthy and protein rich variation to the regular dosa, it also makes a great after school snack for your kids. You can use any left over dosa batter to make the egg dosa. Do try out this yummy fiber and protein rich wholesome meal for the breakfast and keep yourself active and healthy throughout the day.
Ingredients for Egg Dosa:-
- 2 cups Rice
- 1/4 cup White Urad Dal (Split)
- 2 tablespoon Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 1/2 tablespoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 1 cup Instant Oats (Oatmeal)
- Salt , to taste
- Water , required for grinding
- 6 Whole Eggs
- 1/2 cup Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- Green Chillies , chopped, as required
- Sunflower Oil , for drizzling
How to make Egg Dosa Recipe:-
- To begin making Egg Dosa recipe wash and soak the rice for 5 to 6 hours.
- Mix urad dal, chana dal, fenugreek seeds in a bowl. Clean and wash them properly.
- Soak them in water for about 5 to 6 hours. After 5 to 6 hours, drain the water.
- Grind the dal mixture by gradually adding little oats at a time to form a smooth paste. Transfer into a large bowl and keep aside.
- Next grind the rice into a smooth batter with little water. Add the ground rice into the dal batter. Add salt to taste Stir well to combine.
- The batter should be smooth and have thick pouring consistency.
- Cover the dosa batter and keep it in a warm place for 10 to 12 hours to ferment.
- After the fermentation, the batter will be foamy and it will rise to double of its original level.
To make the egg dosa:-
- In a large bowl, beat eggs along with onions, coriander leaves, green chillies, salt and pepper, keep it aside.
- Now, heat a non-stick dosa pan. Take a ladle full of batter and pour it in the center of the pan. Quickly start spreading the batter from the center in continues circular motion to form a thin dosa.
- Drizzle few drops of oil on the dosa and around the edges of the dosa. Spread small ladle full of beaten egg mixture evenly on the dosa. Allow it to cook for a few minutes.
- Once the bottom of the dosa gets cooked and turns golden brown in colour, flip it over and cook on the other side for few seconds till the egg is cooked through.
- Flip it back again, roll out and take it off the pan and place the egg dosa on a serving plate.
- Serve Egg Dosa with Dhaniya Pudina Chutney, Red Chilli Coconut Chutney or any other chutney of your choice and Filter Coffee for a healthy breakfast or a light dinner.