It is magical how a simple cake recipe blended with your love and care makes a moment more memorable. Be it for a birthday, anniversary or a casual sweet indulgence, our cake recipes are here for you.
For all those who wonder how to make cake, check out the easy cake recipes.
Milk Cake is a delicious, mouthwatering dessert. This is a unique “cake” made with just a few ingredients, primarily milk and sugar and has a touch of sourness to it.
For the milk cake, milk is reduced to thick consistency like mawa, then lemon juice is added to curdle the mixture and then sugar is added and cooked until dry. So the result is a deep browned sweet, which is slightly tangy and absolutely delicious.
Ingredients for milk cake/Burfi:-
- 6 cups whole milk
- 3 tbsps lemon juice, use as needed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp cardamom crushed
- 2 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 tbsp pistachios sliced (for garnishing )
Methods for making Milkcake/Milk Burfi:-
Grease a 6-inch plate and set aside.
- In a large, wide and heavy saucepan bring the milk to a boil over medium high heat. And let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Add lemon juice to the milk, it will begin to curdle. Use minimum amount of lemon juice to just start the curdling process and prevent the whey (milky water) from completely separating immediately.
- Boil for 5 minutes and remove approx. 1 ½ cups of the whey. This will help reduce the tartness from the cake.
- Continue to cook and stir occasionally until the milk is a grainy consistency and the whey is evaporated. This will take an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Add sugar and cardamom and keep stirring until the mixture starts coming together. This should take approximately 5 minutes. Lower the heat to medium and cook for another 4-5 minutes until mixture changes to a slightly golden brown color.
- Transfer mixture to the greased plate and press firmly into a square shape, approximately 1 inch high. As an option, sprinkle sliced pistachios on top.
- Let sit for at least an hour before slicing into individual pieces.
this wonderful dessert can be prepared ahead of time and stored at room temperature for a few days.
It is generally a few inches tall and has different shades of color throughout. However, this recipe will make an even colored cake that is approximately 1 inch thick. The taste of this Milk Cake is identical to what I have grown up enjoying as a delicacy in our home.
Hi friend, hope you enjoyed my recipe, please subscripe my channel.
Thanks for visiting my channel.