Masala corn recipe – easy to prepare tasty recipe of masala corn.
Masala corn is a favorite with kids and most of us. for masala corn, ideally the corn should be hot or warm. It should not be at room temperature or cold. When I make masala corn, I steam the corn cobs in the pressure cooker and while they are still hot, remove the corn kernels. Then add all the spices in it and serve hot or warm.
Usually during the monsoons we like to have corn chaat or Buttered corn or this recipe. On occasions, I also prepare Corn pakora. I also at times roast the corn cob on direct flame and then rub it with a slice of lemon smeared with red chili powder and black salt.
This masala corn is not a recipe as such, but just sharing the method. you can always add your choice of spices or add less or more and make a lot of variations in the recipe.
Ingredients for sweetcorn masala:-
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/8 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp chat masala powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp jeera powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
How to make masala corn recipe
1. Steam or pressure cook 1 medium to large corn cob. You can steam 1 medium to large sweet corn cob in a steamer or a pressure cooker. If pressure cooking, then pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles in 1.5 cups water. You can also use 1 cup of tinned corn kernels.
2. When the corn cob is still hot or warm, slice off the corn kernels from the cob. You should be able to handle the heat. If not, then wait till the corn cob becomes warm. Be careful while slicing the kernels. You will need about 1 cup of corn kernels.
3. Take the corn kernels in a mixing bowl.
4. Add 2 to 3 teaspoons butter. The heat or warmth of the corn kernels will begin to melt the butter. Instead of butter you can also use olive oil.
5. Mix the melted butter very well with the corn kernels. Alternatively, you can melt the butter and add to the corn kernels.
6. Now add all the seasonings – ½ teaspoon chilli powder, ½ teaspoon chaat masala, ¼ teaspoon dried oregano, 2 to 3 teaspoons of chopped coriander leaves. You can also add your choice of dried herbs.
7. Also add 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice. mix very well.
8. Also add black salt or regular salt as required.
9. again mix very well. Check the taste of masala corn and add more chilli powder, lemon juice or chaat masala if required.
10. Remove in a bowl and Serve masala corn immediately.
Hi friend, hope you enjoyed my recipe, please subscripe my channel.
Thanks for visiting my channel.