Chole also known chickpea, garbanzo, and kable chana, Chana Masala is a cooked in a spicy tomato gravy. This is a very popular, served with Naan, Tandori Roti.
Ingredients for Chola Chana Masala:-
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas (kable chana, Garbanzo beans)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/8 tsp asafetida (hing)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp besan (gram flour)
- One large tomato chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp chopped green chili
- 2 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (heldi)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
Few slices of tomatoes for garnishing
Methods for making chana chole Masala:-
- Drain chickpeas and wash well.
- Blend the tomatoes, green chilies and ginger to make a puree.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed cracks right away, oil is ready. Add the asafetida and cumin seeds. When cumin seeds crack, add the gram flour and stir-fry for a minute.