Kerala banana chips at home| Nendran chips recipe | Kerala banana chips aka nendran chips are one of the most commonly available snacks across south India.
These banana wafers are made from green raw banana or kaccha Kela and the final outcome of the recipe is a deep yellow color.
It is super easy to make as it does only require raw banana (Nendran/Ethapazham), coconut oil to deep fry, turmeric for color, and salt to taste. I have used raw and tender green banana for this recipe, for the best result. Store these in an airtight container for longer shelf life. You could also use a zip lock bag and pack it in small bags.
Its kind of tempting snack and crispness will attract you!
Ingredients for Banana chips :-
- Raw Nendran Banana – 2
- Turmeric powder – 2 tsp
- Coconut Oil – to deep fry
- Salt – to taste
Step by step instructions to make banana chips:-
- Take a unripe banana and trim edges , slit on the banana. Peel the skin.
- Use a slicer and slice the banana medium thickness
- Take a mixing bowl with water and add salt add turmeric powder and mix it well
- Add peeled banana in turmeric solution
- Soak it for at least 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, take it out and dry them with a clean kitchen towel
- Take a bowl and add salt and turmeric powder
- Add a little of the salt and turmeric mix.
- Add water and mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Add sliced banana in medium heat hot oil.
- Fry until turns crisp
- Drain on some paper towel.
- Cool it down.
- Store in an airtight container.