South Indian Filter Coffee Recipe is a favourite Indian beverage that is served along with breakfast.
South Indians love this coffee recipe during evenings and they pair it up with a variety of snacks or breads. In most South Indian homes, you can get the waft of freshly brewed coffee in the mornings.
The taste of filter coffee depends on the coffee powder used. Some Filter Coffee powder has added chicory which changes the flavour of the extracted filter coffee.
The filter coffee is traditionally served in small steel cup that is used to cool and mix the coffee. Pouring the coffee between the tumbler and the dabarah creates the classic frothy layer over the filter coffee.
Ingredients for filter coffee:-
- 1.5 tablespoons Filter Coffee Powder
- 1/2 cup Hot water
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Sugar , to taste
How to make South Indian Filter Coffee Recipe With Filter Coffee:-
- To begin making the South Indian Filter Coffee Recipe, we will first prepare the filter coffee decoction.
- In a coffee filter, add the coffee powder and pour hot boiling water and allow the decoction to drip into the bottom jar.
- Or if you are making it in an electric coffee maker, pour room temperature water in the coffee machine and switch it on till the decoction is obtained.
4. In a saucepan, bring the milk to boil along with sugar to taste. Use full fat creamy milk for best results.
5. Pour the decoction coffee into the tumblers/ coffee cups. Pour in the hot milk and combined both by mixing well.