Chicken Momos are one of the healthiest snack because of the absence of oil and presence of high nutrient content and mouth watering taste.
Chicken momos – have always been the most preferred non-vegetarian momos. Any discussion over non-vegetarian momos is incomplete without chicken momos.
Ingredients for Chicken Momos:-
For outer cover
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Chicken – 2 cups (minced)
- Chopped veggies like cabbage, carrots and capsicum – 2 cups
- Onions- 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Black pepper powder- 1/4 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 4 (minced)
- soy sauce – 2 tbsp
Steps to prepare Chicken Momos:-
For making outer covering
- Make a dough using all purpose flour and keep it aside for 30 mins.
- Add a pinch of salt in the dough for better taste.
For making filling
- Take a pan and pour oil into it.
- Now combine minced chicken, vegetables, onions, garlic, soy sauce altogether and fry them for a while.
- Add pepper powder and salt once the mixture gets cooled.
- You can also add other spices and condiments to enrich the taste.
Shaping the momos
- Divide the dough into equal parts and start making small circles.
- Now, make small tortillas of the dough balls and put one spoon filling in the centre of it.
- Try to keep edges thin and centre thick.
- Now, fold the momo and make pleats.
- Repeat the process and similarly make other momos.
- Cover them with a wet kitchen towel until you are ready to steam them.
- Boil water in cooker or other big vessel with broad mouth.
- Grease a pan and arrange the momos in it with proper spacing.
- Keep the pan over cooker or the vessel and cover it.
- Keep a check on momos and wait for them to get steamed.
- Once the outer layer starts changing the colour and they don’t appear sticky they are done.