Afgani Momos is similar to making Veg/Non-veg momos Only difference is Once they are deep fried after normaly Boiled.
If you want to have succulent and delicious momos then you must try these extremely tasty Afghani momos. it is similar to making Veg/Non-veg momos Only difference is Once they are deep fried you can grill them in pre-heated oven by setting it on grill mode. (200 degrees celsius).
Ingredients for Afgani momos:-
For outer cover
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Chicken – 2 cups (minced)
- Chopped veggies like cabbage, carrots and capsicum – 2 cups
- Onions- 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Black pepper powder- 1/4 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 4 (minced)
- soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- In a bowl combine curd, cream, mint leaves, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and pepper powder. Mix them well.
Steps to follow
For making outer covering
- Make a dough using all purpose flour and keep it aside for 30 mins.
- Add a pinch of salt in the dough for better taste.
For making filling
- Take a pan and pour oil into it.
- Now combine minced chicken, vegetables, onions, garlic, soy sauce altogether and fry them for a while.
- Add pepper powder and salt once the mixture gets cooled.
- You can also add other spices and condiments to enrich the taste.
Shaping the momos
- Divide the dough into equal parts and start making small circles.
- Now, make small tortillas of the dough balls and put one spoon filling in the centre of it.
- Try to keep edges thin and centre thick.
- Now, fold the momo and make pleats.
- Repeat the process and similarly make other momos.
- Cover them with a wet kitchen towel until you are ready to steam them.
- Boil water in cooker or other big vessel with broad mouth.
- Grease a pan and arrange the momos in it with proper spacing.
- Keep the pan over cooker or the vessel and cover it.
- Keep a check on momos and wait for them to get steamed.
- Once the outer layer starts changing the colour and they don’t appear sticky they are done.
To marinade of Afghani momos
- Marinated Mixture pour over grilled momos.
- Your utterly butterly delicious Afghani momos are ready to be served