Root vegetables are best, such as carrots, parsnips, potatoes, and beets. The vegetables are peeled, thinly sliced, and then soaked in water. After drained and dried, they are fried, kept warm, and then tossed with a seasoned salt.
Making your own vegetable chips, whether you fry or bake them, is easier than you think. Plus, you get to pick what vegetables and seasonings you want to use for your homemade veggie chips. Root vegetables are best, such as carrots, parsnips, potatoes, and beets. The vegetables are peeled, thinly sliced, and then soaked in water. After drained and dried, they are fried, kept warm, and then tossed with a seasoned salt.
Ingredients for mix vegatable chips:-
- 1 large carrot (trimmed)
- 1 large parsnip (trimmed)
- One sweet potato
- 1 Yukon Gold potato
- 1 large beetroot
- Canola oil (for frying)
- Seasoning Mix:
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder.
Steps to Make MIX VEGATABLE CHIPS:-
- Gather the ingredients.
- Peel the vegetables.
- Using a mandoline, a food processor fitted with the 2 mm slicing blade, or a sharp knife, cut the vegetables into very thin slices (1/16-inch thick).
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and transfer the carrot, parsnip, sweet potato, and Yukon gold potato to the ice water. Fill a small bowl with ice water and transfer the beet slices to the smaller bowl of water. Let the vegetables sit in the water for 30 minutes.
- Line 2 baking sheets with several layers of paper towels. Drain the vegetables and arrange them in a single layer on the towels. Pat the vegetables to remove any excess water.
- Preheat the oven to 200 F.
- Line 2 plates with paper towels.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a heavy-bottomed Dutch oven over medium-high heat until it reaches 350 F using a deep-frying thermometer. This will take about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add about 1/2 cup of vegetable slices to the oil and fry until crisp and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables to the paper towels to drain.
- Remove the paper towels from the baking sheets and spread the fried vegetable chips in a single layer on the sheets. Place in the oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining vegetables in batches, making sure to maintain the oil temperature of 350 F.
- Make the seasoning mix: In a small bowl, combine the salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Put the warm chips in a large bowl, add the seasoning mixture, and toss lightly.
- Serve right away.