Baked Masala Namak Para Recipe is a popular tea time snack. Usually, these are deep fried and made with whole wheat flour making them a tad bit unhealthy.
Baked Masala Namak Para Recipe is an easy recipe prepared with few ingredients like maida, wheat flour and spices. Spices like carom seeds, cumin seeds, crushed pepper and hing are used to make these Namak Para flavourful.
Serve Baked Masala Namak Para Recipe as tea time snack along with Sandwiches.
Ingredients Baked Masala Namak para/chips:-
- half cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- half tablespoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1/2 tablespoon Black pepper corns , crushed
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil , and more to brush
- Water , as needed
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder , for sprinkling in the end
How to make Baked Masala Namak Para Recipe – Carom Seeds Spiced Biscuits:-
- To begin making Baked Masala Namak Para Recipe, get all the ingredients ready.
- Take a mixing bowl, add wheat flour and all purpose flour. Add carom seeds, crushed cumin seeds, asafoetida, crushed black pepper, turmeric powder, salt to taste and ghee.
- Mix the dough to form a crumb.
- If the dough is coming together into a ball shape and holds its shape then start adding water, or else add some more ghee and mix the flour together till you get the right texture.
- Add water little at a time to form a firm dough. Make sure that the dough should be stiff, smooth and pliable. Apply some oil on the outside and rest the dough for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree once the dough resting time is done.
- To Make the Masala Namak Para:
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and shape into balls.
- Apply some oil on the surface where you will roll the dough into a half inch thick roti.
- Take a knife and cut the roti vertically 1 centimeter apart into strips. Cut again at an angle into small diamond shapes or any desired shape and arrange them half centimeter apart on the baking tray lined with a parchment paper or a greased baking tray.
- Brush the namak para with oil.
- Once you have arranged all of them on the baking tray, place the tray inside the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges turn golden color.
- Flip the namak para on the other side and bake for another ten minutes till the namak para are golden in colour and cooked through.
- Remove the Masala namak para from the tray and sprinkle some chaat masala while it is hot. Allow the Baked Masala Namak Para to cool, before you store them in an airtight container.
- Serve Baked Masala Namak Para Recipe as tea time snack .