Mixed Vegetable Cutlets – popularly known as mix veg cutlets are perfect teatime snack.
Inspired from Bengali vegetable Chop these are perfect vegetarian snack to serve as a afternoon snack or as appetiser for social get togethers.
Crispy Veg Cutlet are Indian tea time snack made using a variety of vegetables. These are mostly fried until crisp and browned but you can definitely bake or air fry or bake them for a healthier version. Here is how to make it.
Bake them, air fry them or deep fry them the vegetable cutlets are excellent snack, appetisers or veg starters to serve along with green chutney or sauce.
Ingredients for vegetable cutlet:-
Vegetables – Veg cutlet are filled with the goodness of lots of veggies. Here, I have used Carrot, Cabbage, Potatoes, Green Beans, Corn, Green Peas, Onions, and Green Chillies.
You can go ahead and add any vegetables of your choice such as cauliflower, mushroom, sweet potato, raw banana, broccoli, zucchini, etc. This is also a great idea to use up your leftover vegetables.
Paneer – I have also added a little grated Paneer with the veggies, as it helps in the binding and also gives a nice soft texture.
Other Ingredients – To spice up the veggies and paneer mixture, we will need ginger, chaat masala powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, fresh coriander, salt, and fresh mint.
These ingredients combined add a nice spice and flavor in these simple veg cutlet. You can adjust the amount of spices according to your taste.
All-Purpose Flour Slurry – Lastly, they are dipped in a slurry which is made with the combination of all-purpose flour, salt, black pepper powder, and water.
Bread Crumbs – After the cutlet are dipped in the slurry, they are rolled in breadcrumbs. This gives a nice crispy crust on the outer layer.
Ingredients for Mix veg cutlet:-
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger (Finely Chopped)
- ½ cup Carrot (Grated)
- ½ cup Cabbage (Shredded)
- ¼ cup Beans (Finely Chopped)
- one fourth cup Corn (Softened)
- ¼ cup Peas (Softened)
- 2 tsp Green Chillies (Finely Chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Half tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ cup Paneer (Grated)
- 1 cup Potatoes (Boiled and Mashed)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Mint (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Bread Crumbs
For the coating
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 and ½ cup Bread Crumbs
- Oil for frying
Instructions for making Veg Cutlet:-
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onions and ginger and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrot, cabbage, beans, corn, peas and green chillies and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add salt, chaat masala, garam masala and black pepper powder and mix well.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool down a bit.
- Add paneer, potatoes, coriander, mint, lemon juice and bread crumbs in the cooled vegetables and mix well.
- Mix all purpose flour, salt, black pepper powder in a bowl.
- Add little water and make a thick slurry.
- Make small patties from the veggie mixture and dip them in the flour slurry.
- Coat with breadcrumbs.
- Fry in medium hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on a tissue lined plate.
- Serve hot.