Diwali or Deepavali is a festival which is very important to Indians worldwide. Festival and feasting go side by side.
Sooji kachori is made with main ingredients Sooji/semolena , Potato and indian spice- Red chilli powder , garam masala , Dry mango powder and vegetable oil for frying.
A festival celebrated with great pomp and show, Diwali is celebrated on amavasya of kartik month according to Hindu calendar. Mythologically it is believed that when Lord Rama returned to his kingdom – Ayodhya after an exile of 14 long years his subjects welcomed him back by lightening up their homes with lamps.
Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped this day. Preparations start off weeks before Diwali. Houses are cleaned and given a facelift if required. On the day goddess Lakshmi is worshipped and sweets are exchanged between well-wishers and friends.
All the houses are lit up with lamps candles or electric lights . Children and elders dress up in their finery and enjoy by bursting crackers at night.
Suji Ki Kachori is a yummy and healthy snack for all.
Suji ki kachori – comparatively healthy than the regular kachori as this made of semolina. This is a healthy and tasty snack for tea time, lunch box or appetizer for parties.
Kachoris are very popular food in Indian households specially in Rajasthan. Stuffed with potatoes it is very tasty and can be prepared quite fast. Does not require any fancy equipment .
They can also be prepared and kept and can be fried just before eating. They are best served with any sweet and sour chutney which balances the spicy nature of kachoris.
Ingredients for sooji Kachori:-
- Semilona (Suji) – 1 bowl
- Vegetable Oil – 1 tablespoon for moin
- Ajwain – 1/2 teaspoon
- Water – 2 bowl
- Salt – as per taste
- KACHORI FILLING MASALA:
- Boiled and mashed Potato – 1 bowl
- Ginger – 1 piece
- Green Chili – 3 pieces
- Coriander Leaves – A bunch
- Spices – As per taste: Crushed Black pepper, Red chilly powder, Garam Masala, Dry mango Powder (Amchoor), Black Salt
- Vegetable oil – for frying the kachori
Instructions for making Sooji Kachori:-
- KACHORI FILLING MASALA: Mix all the ingredients of filling masala with mashed potatoes
- STEPS FOR DOUGH OF KACHORI: Add water in the pan and add sooji and keep stirring slowly. Add ajwain, salt and oil and keep stirring on slow flame. After stirring properly, put off the gas and cool the dough by mixing with spoon. When dough is warm, make small circular balls and press it.
- Fill 1 tablespoon of kachori filling masala ,then seal it slowly like kachori shape to ensure that the masala does not come out.
- MAKING OF SUJI KI KACHORI:
- Add oil to a pan and heat it on high flame. Add kachori and fry it on medium flame on both sides. When it becomes crispy, take it out on blotting paper or any clean paper to soak excess oil.
- Serve it with tomato sauce/green chutney…. Enjoy crispy and healthy Sooji ki kachori