Sooji ka monda /suji ka monda pitha / puro pitha/ sooji Modak home recipe.
Sooji manda is made from main ingredients is sooji/suji (semolina) and fresh grated coconut and Dry fruit -cashew nuts and sugar.
Diwali or Deepavali is a festival which is very important to Indians worldwide. Festival and feasting go side by side. Here are a few snacks which can be made at home during Diwali for your family and well wishers too.
A festival celebrated with great pomp and show, Diwali is celebrated on amavasya of kartik month according to Hindu calendar. Mythologically it is believed that when Lord Rama returned to his kingdom – Ayodhya after an exile of 14 long years his subjects welcomed him back by lightening up their homes with lamps.
Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped this day. Preparations start off weeks before Diwali. Houses are cleaned and given a facelift if required. On the day goddess Lakshmi is worshipped and sweets are exchanged between well-wishers and friends.
Ingredients suji Bonda:-
- 2 cups Sooji (Semolina/ Rava)
- 4 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- Sunflower Oil , or ghee for deep fryingIngredients For Stuffing
- 2 cups Fresh coconut , grated
- 1/4 cup Jaggery
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 tablespoons Cashew nuts , chopped
- Raisins , few.
How to make Suji Manda Pitha/Sweetened Coconut Stuffed Semolina Dumplings Recipe:-
- To prepare Suji Manda Pitha/Sweetened Coconut Stuffed Semolina Dumplings Recipe, first prep up with all the ingredients mentioned.
- For preparing the dough we need to take water, salt, sugar and cardamom in a heavy bottomed pan and boil till the sugar dissolves.
- Add 1 tablespoon ghee, lower the flame and slowly add the Suji or Rawa stirring constantly so that lumps are not formed.
- Keep stirring till the mixture becomes a thick and lumpy mass and is sticky.
- This will take around 2 minutes and let me remind you that this stirring could be strenuous.
- Take it off from the flame and keep it aside till the mix is warm and easy to work on.
- Meanwhile, to prepare to fill, add 1 tablespoon ghee to a heated pan and fry the freshly grated coconut on low flame till light brown.
- Add jaggery, cardamom and black pepper powder and fry till the jaggery melts and coats the grated coconut.
- Finally, add the cashews and raisins and fry for a minute and switch off the flame and keep this coconut filling aside.
- Take a spoon of ghee, add it to the prepared warm semolina dough and knead it to form a dough.
- Make even balls from the dough, flatten it on your palm, make a depression and stuff some coconut filling in it.
- Then close it from all sides making a ball, flatten it a little bit with the palm of your hand.
- Form Suji Manda Pitha with the rest of the dough and stuffing and deep fry them in batches in hot ghee or oil till golden brown.
- Serve Suji Manda Pitha/Sweetened Coconut Stuffed Semolina Dumplings Recipe during tea time or as dessert to end a festive meal.